Reading Time: 2 minutes
Written by Julie Wolff, Senior Product Manager, MatrixCare
MatrixCare for Home Care’s new Mobile EVV App is an Electronic Visit Verification solution for caregivers to use at the point of care. It is designed for mobile devices that provide GPS (location services) as well as signature capture and is available on Google Play for Android and in the Apple App Store for iOS.
Who uses the app?
Caregivers who provide personal care services to clients in their home.
Transitioning to MatrixCare’s Mobile EVV App is easy for caregivers currently using our web app!
What functionality does the app provide?
Caregivers electronically “check in” and “check out” of each visit; recording the time, date, and location as determined by the GPS on the caregiver’s phone. Caregivers digitally record information about the visit, including specific care notes or services rendered. When connectivity is available, data automatically syncs upon login, check in, and check out. Caregivers can also manually sync this information.
Why should your caregivers use the app?
MatrixCare’s mobile platform meets the EVV mandates, while improving Home Care program efficiencies by eliminating the need for paper documentation to verify services, strengthening quality assurance by validating delivery of the services, and reducing potential FWA (Fraud, Waste, and Abuse) by validating that services are billed according to the client’s individualized service plan and the actual services delivered.
MatrixCare’s Mobile EVV App captures the EVV requirements per Section 12006 of the CURES ACT:
- TYPE of service performed
- INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING the service
- DATE of the service
- LOCATION of service delivered
- INDIVIDUAL PROVIDING the service
- TIME the service begins and ends
MatrixCare’s Mobile EVV App also provides Offline capability, meeting EVV Aggregator’s requirements:
- Collect personal care services data in (rural) areas where technology infrastructure may be limited or unavailable (in both permanent and temporary situations)
- Store personal care services data on a local device when technology infrastructure is not available, or provide an acceptable alternate solution
- Upload locally stored data once technology infrastructure is available
When will the app be available?
MatrixCare’s EVV App for home health and personal care is available now on both Google Play and in the Apple App Store.
How do you get the app?
Contact your MatrixCare Account Manager or our Implementation Team to get started.