Directions Spring 2019 edition will be bigger and better than ever!
A message from John Damgaard, President and Chief Executive Officer
It’s time to start planning for your attendance at Directions 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee, April 24-26, 2019, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort – Early Bird Registration opens November 2018!
At your popular request, we shifted the timeframe for our annual user conference from its traditional early fall timeslot to the springtime. We believe that the extra planning time associated with this transition will pay valuable dividends for those looking to understand the impact of regulatory changes on their business, successfully manage risk, and increase performance under value-based care.
Whether you’re a MatrixCare Certified Professional or just beginning to discover what MatrixCare has to offer, Directions 2019 will have something for you. Multiple session tracks will cover everything from basic how-tos to advanced tips and tricks for getting the most from your MatrixCare solution.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to see demos of our products, spend time with our product experts in the Genius Lab, network with other LTPAC colleagues and explore our Partner Pavilion to learn about other helpful solutions that integrate seamlessly with MatrixCare. Something new this year will be a dedicated Technology Leadership Forum day for CTOs/CIOs, where we will address opportunities and concerns for this key audience.
But don’t worry…although our format is evolving, we’re still including time to party! We’re planning to blow the roof off the world-famous Wildhorse Saloon with a country-themed party that combines MatrixCare’s famous hospitality with some boot-stompin’ fun.
As you head into budget planning for next year, make sure that attendance at Directions 2019 is at the top of the list for you and your staff!
See you in Nashville! #HappinessMatters
MatrixCare is celebrating Customer Service Month in October!
Customer Service Employee Appreciation Month is a series of events we schedule to recognize and honor employees who have provided excellent customer service. We value our customers and believe an important part of delivering excellent customer service is recognizing employees that go above and beyond to support our goals and values!
We’d like to ask for your feedback on individuals that have provided you service in the past. We are recognizing employees who provide support/helpdesk, training, implementation, sales, tech services, finance, development or product management.
2018 R4 Release is Coming Soon!
Matrixcare is pleased to announce the release of 2018 R4 for MatrixCare Senior Living, CareAssist, and Marketing. You will receive a communication indicating the day and time your organization is scheduled for upgrade.
A key to taking advantage of all the new enhancements and functions in your MatrixCare solutions is being educated about their use and organizational impacts. To aid you in your readiness efforts, we encourage you to leverage the following release tools available in the Client Portal.
MatrixCare Senior Living and CareAssist
- Download the release notes
- Register for the release webinar
Are you taking advantage of everything CareAssist has to offer?
MatrixCare CareAssist helps increase the accuracy of prescriptions and streamlines communication with your pharmacy. Pharmacy-centric order entry results in significant reduction in data-entry time and medication errors, for improved quality of care.
Here are some of the features included in the most recent releases:
- E-Prescribing clients serviced by pharmacies using Framework and QS1 now can scan barcodes for single and multi-dose packs, which helps make med passes faster, safer, and more efficient.
- PRN orders can now be scanned on the RX As Needed and TX As Needed tabs. This function allows you to scan as needed administrations the same as you can scan Scheduled Now administrations.
- Controlled substance orders that have been discontinued now display Discontinued to the right of the medication name to help you identify these orders.
- Orders that appear as duplicates can be easily identified to help you determine if an imported order is a potential duplicate and should be reconciled with an existing active order or should be approved and show on the resident’s eMAR.
- To preserve the integrity of the imported pharmacy orders, a facility can restrict users from editing the pharmacy orders, to help ensure the medication label mates the frequency and special instructions in eMAR.
To learn about all of the features included in the 2018 releases, access the client portal to review the CareAssist Release Notes or contact your MatrixCare representative if you are interested in CareAssist.
Support Frequently Asked Questions and Helpful Tips
Maintaining an Effective User Management Process
Maintaining a user’s access to MatrixCare is critical to be effective and efficient in their day to day responsibilities. It is important to have processes in place to support your users’ access to MatrixCare to provide prompt assistance when needed.
Here are some reminders to help maintain an effective user management process.
- Communities are responsible for the user management of internal MatrixCare users. This includes user creation, deactivation, and ongoing security management.
- Password resets and account lockouts need to be managed by the community. To ensure you have the appropriate staff available for your team to continue to access the system, we recommend having multiple identified employees for every shift, including weekends that are designated to reset passwords. This will ensure your employees have access to MatrixCare at all time and can quickly receive assistance when needed.
- When users contact our support team to request assistance with a password reset, we communicate the following message to them:
- For security reasons, MatrixCare support is not able to reset passwords. We recommend that you contact your community’s security administrator or supervisor to assist with this task.
- It is important to educate your staff about who they should contact if they are locked out of MatrixCare. There should be multiple security administrators designated for your communities to ensure there are redundancies in place.
- In the event that a security administrator is locked out, MatrixCare expects communities to have backup users identified to reset their account.
Complimentary Teleforum: Staff Recruitment & Retention in LTPAC
People are at the core of Long-Term and Post-Acute Care whether you’re in Independent Living, Assisted Living, or Skilled Nursing. You can have a pretty new building, but if you don’t have great staff, it shows up in your quality outcomes, your census, and lack of referrals.
So how do you attract and keep great staff and leaders?
During this 60-minute MatrixCare/Conduit Coaching teleforum we discussed the points below plus field your specific questions:
- How much of a problem is recruitment & retention in Long-Term and Post-Acute Care? And why is it happening?
- What can organizations do to attract the best people? And how can leaders help new hires succeed in their first 90 days?
- What are the 3 crucial cornerstones to holding onto great people once you hire them so that they’re engaged, happy, and they stay?
This session was led by Bonnie Schultz, Director of Human Resources Operations at MatrixCare and Senior Care Leadership expert, Mary Ellen Sanajko of Conduit Coaching, for a 60-minute, complimentary thought-leadership teleforum.
If you missed this informative session on September 19, 2018, at 12:00 PM EDT, you can still register to access a recording of the teleforum.
Maximize Your MatrixCare Solution with Training Assurance Plus
MatrixCare Training Assurance Plus (TAP) gives you options to secure training and consulting throughout the year, guaranteeing you will have the education necessary to stay on top of industry changes, product updates, and staffing needs.
With MatrixCare TAP, you will have access to the following:
- Annual Product Optimization: Yearly MatrixCare audit done by our staff results in a customized agenda focused on recommended areas for improvement.
- New Hire Training: Let us know your staff turnover situation and we’ll customize an agenda to ensure you have the same level of expertise always on board.
- Advanced Training & Consulting: This option is designed to assist your experienced staff with implementing newly released features of MatrixCare on an ongoing basis.
- Personalized Plan: Consult with MatrixCare to determine a PLUS solution that works for you.
To learn more, download the MatrixCare Training Assurance Plus (TAP) brochure or contact your MatrixCare representative for more information.
Boosting Your MatrixCare Investment with Clinical Product Partners Webinar Now Available On-Demand
In August, MatrixCare hosted the first of several upcoming sessions that focus on partner integrations and ways to enhance your existing MatrixCare solution. The Clinical Product Partner Webinar held on August 16, 2018, was led by a panel of our certified partners as they presented on products and solutions that improve clinical outcomes, financial performance, staff efficiency and more.
Attendees learned about tools and resources available from Relias, Constant Care Technology, Pioneer Solution and eKare to optimize their MatrixCare investment. Interested in learning more about a specific partner’s technology? View the webinar today!
Stay tuned for our next partner webinar which will be Thursday, October 25th.
Celebrating National Senior Citizen’s Day
In 1988, President Ronald Reagan declared August 21st as National Senior Citizen’s Day. This observance was established to honor the many contributions senior citizens in the US have made and continue to make in their communities. The day was also created to bring awareness of social, health, and economic issues that affect senior citizens.
At MatrixCare, we appreciate and value the contributions of the elderly and feel lucky to serve America’s aging population today and every day. This year we had the pleasure of visiting and with residents in the community as they recalled their days past. A special thank you to St. Gertrude’s Health & Rehabilitation Center of Benedictine Health System for allowing us to meet and chat with your residents!
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events. Be sure to stop by our booth and learn more about all the MatrixCare solutions available to you.
- LeadingAge WI October 3-4, 2018
- NAHC Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo October 7-9, 2018
- AHCA/NCAL Annual Convention & Expo October 7-10, 2018
Visit us at Booth 1405 or for more information: matrixcare.com/expo
- LeadingAge Annual Meeting & Expo October 28-31, 2018
Visit us at Booth 1227 or for more information: matrixcare.com/leadingage