Join Our Physician and Consultant Pharmacist Advisory Board!
MatrixCare is committed to improving the experiences of physicians and consultant pharmacists. As we expand functionality and improve the user experience for these groups, we are building out our advisory boards specific to these user groups. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Consultant Pharmacists who are interested in providing feedback and helping to shape the future of MatrixCare are encouraged to reach out to Megan.Lenthe@MatrixCare.com to be included in future focus groups and advisory boards. Advisory Boards meet monthly for an hour, and focus groups are scheduled intermittently to review specific features and functionality.
MatrixCare 2019 R3 Release Coming Soon!
The MatrixCare Skilled Nursing and CareAssist 2019 R3 Release is scheduled for September, and we are busy preparing the following new features and enhancements.
- Give me a P! D! P! M! MatrixCare has more PDPM features and functions coming in the 2019 R3 release to make you highly successful. Don’t forget to check out our pre-release environment and all of the complimentary educational opportunities available to learn more about PDPM and MatrixCare’s PDPM updates.
- 2 Custom Resident Banner Flags! Your corporation will be able to set up specific designations, alerts, etc. that can then be assigned to specific residents to promote visibility, workflow, and resident safety.
- NEW Dashboard Widget
- NEW Wound Management Detail Report
- NEW Dashboard Widgets:
- Corporate Number of New Documents available on each facility’s Manage Documents & Faxes page
- CareAssist Recent Restorative Nursing Provided
- CareAssist POC Recent Negative Behavior
- CareAssist POC Recent Skin Notes
- Corporate Charge Import
Stay tuned for more information on all of the exciting value-added features that will be included in the 2019 R3 release!
Visit the MatrixCare Client Community and navigate to Upcoming Webinars & Events: Skilled Nursing to register for a session. For assistance with accessing the Client Community, please contact our Support team.
The Blueprint for Effective Acute/Post-Acute Information Exchange
Presented by The Advisory Board
August 6, 2019 – 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CST
To effectively improve post-discharge outcomes, hospitals and PAC providers must be able to communicate patient information effectively with one another. Yet due to a lack of post-acute IT capabilities and historic collaboration, most providers struggle to access and share needed information. Join us as we discuss 3 key goals for information exchange: preventing errors, managing escalations, and equipping network care management. And you’ll take away strategies and tactics for acute and post-acute partners to execute on each of these goals today, regardless of the information-sharing mechanism.
Understanding and Utilizing the Dashboard
August 8, 2019 at 10:00am-11:00am CST
Join Duanne Stockton, Implementation Consultant, to learn how to make better use of the Matrixcare Dashboard.
- Discover how widgets function
- Explore which widgets are appropriate for which roles
- Review steps on how to customize your individual dashboard
Accurate Resident Assessments: A Critical Key to PDPM Success
Presented by Quality in Real-Time
August 8, 2019 – 1:00pm – 2:00 pm CST
In the new PDPM reimbursement model, accuracy in data collection and documentation resident care will be of utmost importance. Few people see the resident, and everyone else must rely on documentation to understand the interactions and interventions done by clinicians. Assisting clinicians to achieve that goal is an important objective for PDPM success. In this session, Laura Page-Griefinger, Founder & CEO of Quality in Real-Time, will discuss:
- PDPM – What this change means for SNFs
- How resident assessments impact reimbursement under PDPM
- Importance of clinician accuracy in documentation and assessments
*Note: Attendees of this session may be eligible to earn 1 CEU – pending NAB approval.
Did you miss one of our recent live webinars? Visit the MatrixCare Client Community and navigate to Learn the Product: Skilled Nursing: Webinars to view all previously recorded webinars.
- Reduce Hospital Readmissions Using MatrixCare
PDPM Webinars for Skilled Nursing
- MDS Updates for October 2019 – What’s Changing in MatrixCare?
- Maximizing Reimbursement and Thriving with ICD-10 Coding
- Leverage the MatrixCare Pre-Release Environment to Prepare for Upcoming MDS Changes
Understanding Your SNF VBP Program Performance Score Report Call
Medicare Learning Network (MLN) is hosting an event on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, at 1:30 PM Eastern Time where you will learn about your Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program Performance Score Report. CMS experts will present a high-level summary of the program and highlight the payment year 1 results (FY 2019 program year).
A question and answer session will follow the presentation; however, attendees may email questions in advance to SNFVBP@rti.org with “SNF VBP Aug 27 NPC” in the subject line. These questions may be addressed during the call or used for other materials following the call.
Register for this event or visit the event page for more information.
New Medicare card—Transition period ends in less than six months
According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), beginning January 1, 2020, providers must use the Medicare beneficiary identifier (MBI). CMS will reject claims you submit with the health insurance claim number (HICN), with a few exceptions, and reject all eligibility transactions.
If you have questions, your MACs may have more information. Find their website at http://go.cms.gov/MAC-website-list.
Review the MBI format specifications, which provide more details on the construct of the MBI.
Review the fact sheet which discusses the transition to the MBI and the new cards.
Evaluate Your Medicare Bad Debt Rules
MatrixCare Revenue Cycle Management users, please evaluate how your Medicare Bad Debt GL accounts are configured prior to 10/1/2019! Ensure the write-offs of crossover balances are being recorded in a bad debt expense account (vs. a contractual allowance account) to comply with this clarification in CMS policy so as not to affect Medicare bad debt reimbursement. Note: This is not a new process.
Review BKD’s Medicare-Medicaid Crossover Bad Debt Accounting Classification article, which further describes this and the supporting CMS regulations.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events. Be sure to visit with one of our representatives and learn more about all the MatrixCare solutions available to you.
- FHCA | August 5 -6, 2019
- LeadingAge MN Connect Conference | August 20 – 21, 2019
- MHCA Annual Convention & Trade Show | August 26 – 27, 2019
- LeadingAge OH | August 28, 2019