9 Ways speech-to-text integration can benefit home health and hospice
The accuracy and quality of documentation can determine three goals of every home health and hospice organization: faster reimbursements, better work-life balance for clinicians, and optimal patient outcomes. Documentation for these organizations is complex, and with revenue tied to clinical outcomes, accurate and complete patient data is a necessity. Speech recognition or speech-to-text technology is the accurate solution for documentation—allowing clinicians to document patient information instantly at the point of care, ultimately leading to rapid reimbursements and happier staff.
MatrixCare’s integrated speech-to-text documentation, powered by nVoq, empowers clinicians with the ability to quickly input thorough documentation at the point of care, leading to increased clinician satisfaction and lower turnover.
At the end of the day, they are truly done with their charting. They have served all the patients and documented everything they needed to, and now they can put their work away. That helps them find that work-life balance that is important for the healthcare provider to jump into their schedule the next day.
Here are nine reasons your organization needs to experience the speech recognition difference.
- Easy-to-use technology that empowers staff: This easy-to-use, HIPAA-compliant technology can and should be embedded into your EMR experience.
- More accuracy (and less corrections later): When documentation happens at the point of care, clinicians are not relying on memory or external notes, enabling more accurate and thorough documentation.
- Less typing (and no more unacceptable medical abbreviations): Ensure complete care notes and robust detail with voice-enabled technology, or standardize entry with customizable voice-activated templates.
- Increased clinician satisfaction: Quick and easy documentation can help eliminate work being done after hours for better management of multiple caseloads.
- Maximized reimbursements: Patient encounters captured efficiently means quicker revenue cycle processing accompanied by rich clinical documentation to help organizations stand up to any audit.
- HIPAA-compliant technology: Risk is avoided when organizations are given control over data with HIPAA-compliant technology.
- Specific medical vocabulary: Capture medical terminology with ease—including medication, clinical abbreviations, industry terms, and agency-created templates.
- Better understood care plans: By documenting through voice in the home, patients hear their care plan clearly as well as the plan for the next visit, giving them a thorough understanding of their care.
- Your patient narrative solution: Detailed, complete patient notes are captured accurately in the clinician’s own words.
Back to blog