Driving better patient outcomes via medication reconciliation with Rachel Petersen, Manager of Product Innovation, Surescripts and Jill Lytwyn, Key Account Executive, Surescripts
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, our host Navin Gupta, SVP of the home and hospice division at MatrixCare, is joined by Rachel Petersen, Manager of Product Innovation, Medication History and PDMP at Surescripts, and Jill Lytwyn, Key Account Executive at Surescripts. The three discuss driving better patient outcomes via medication reconciliation in home care.
Join Rachel, Jill, and Navin as they cover the issue of medication reconciliation, the genesis of Surescripts, and the Surescripts Network Alliance. Learn how their solution can help providers stop relying on manual processes and streamline transitions of care by reducing errors of admission, duplicate medications, and drug interactions. Listen to the episode below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [00:38 – 02:49]: Navin introduces our guests, Rachel Petersen and Jill Lytwyn.
- [02:49 – 07:33]: Rachel and Jill provide their origin stories and what brought them to their current positions at Surescripts.
- [8:43 – 10:20]: Jill explains the genesis of Surescripts and the Surescripts Network Alliance. Through this alliance and Surescripts’ various partnerships, they have connected over two million health care professionals and organizations.
- [10:51 – 13:12]: Jill describes the issue of medication reconciliation and how obtaining medication history on a patient via technology streamlines transitions of care by reducing errors of admission, duplicate medications, and drug interactions.
- [10:24 – 16:07]: By using a medication reconciliation solution, Surescripts has seen an average of 45 minutes in time savings. This corresponds directly to cost savings for care providers.
- [16:56 – 18:25]: Rachel explains how understanding the “why” behind clinical decision-making can greatly improve data quality and drive better patient outcomes.
- [19:23 – 22:10]: Rachel describes the considerations that providers should be taking when making EHR decisions including selecting a platform that allows users to pull data from multiple sources.
- Learn more about MatrixCare: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about Surescripts: https://surescripts.com/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources