Solving workforce challenges with Helen Adeosun, CEO and President, Founder of CareAcademy
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, our host, Navin Gupta, SVP of the home and hospice division at MatrixCare, is joined by Helen Adeosun, CEO and president, and founder of CareAcademy, to have a conversation on workforce challenges in home health and home care and how CareAcademy utilizes the combination of technology and education as a solution.
Join Navin and Helen as they discuss the unique position home care is in, the importance of upskilling, and how education can help improve caregiver satisfaction. Listen to their discussion below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [02:10 – 06:16]: Helen provides her origin story and how she infuses her passion for education into her work solving workforce challenges.
- [07:34 – 11:35]: Helen introduces CareAcademy and explains how the company assists caregivers to gain both hard and soft skills through online education.
- [13:20 – 19:21]: Home care is in a position to make a tremendous shift to accommodate the growing need of caring for higher-acuity clients, and upskilling and enhancing caregivers’ existing skills will assist in this shift.
- [20:34 – 25:21]: How people are the backbone of innovation and how continuing education assists in strengthening ideas.
- [27:16 – 30:09]: Ways to improve caregiver satisfaction, including an increased focus on education.
- Learn more about MatrixCare at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about CareAcademy: https://careacademy.com/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein may change without notice. We encourage you to seek, as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources