The future of out-of-hospital care and SaaS technology with Raj Sodhi, President of SaaS Business, at ResMed
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, Navin Gupta, SVP of the Home and Hospice Division at MatrixCare, sits down with Raj Sodhi, President of the SaaS Business at ResMed, to chat about the future of out-of-hospital care. Listen in as they discuss the transformation of connected health and digital engagement at ResMed. With a strategy that focuses on liberating data from a device to the cloud, Raj explains how he looks for ways to optimize connectivity to enhance the overall patient experience.
As President, Raj oversees the software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies that operate under the ResMed umbrella, which includes: Brightree, MatrixCare, and HEALTHCAREfirst. Hear his story as he shares the start of his career, the creation of his company Umbian, and the journey that led him to ResMed.
Topics discussed during this episode
- Talk to us about your early formative years, your startup journey, Umbian, and then onto the ResMed acquisition.
- I am going to get to the SaaS story in a moment, but prior to that, you helped shape a new “category king”-CPAP devices connected to the cloud. That strategy completely changed the landscape of the sleep business. I am sure there is a case study in there somewhere but talk to us about it.
- ResMed SaaS grew 29% in the last fiscal and is now north of $350M in revenue and about 12% of ResMed overall business. What was the genesis of building out an out-of-hospital strategy? Why get into it?
- 2016 Brightree, 2018 MatrixCare, 2018 HEALTHCAREfirst. SaaS has been growing: what is the vision and strategy for home-based and long-term post-acute care? Why should the provider, payor, and patient ecosystem be interested?
- I would be completely failing us both if we didn’t touch on innovation, given your incredible roots. Where is the greatest opportunity? What sorts of problems remain unsolved and where do you see technology truly driving new innovations that change healthcare delivery?
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory, and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.