National Nutrition Month
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics invites everyone to observe National Nutrition Month® this March. This year’s theme, “Eat Right, Bite by Bite,” focuses on the idea that a daily little bit of nutrition can help anyone live a healthier life.
MatrixCare’s MealTracker supports this year’s theme—with a twist. We’re encouraging our customers to guide their residents to Eat Right—Byte by Byte!
Here are five bytes from MealTracker to help your clients eat right:
- Menu planning management helps you develop menus that include healthy foods from all food groups to help your clients eat well. Two seasonal menus are included, as well as menu planning development features to customize menus for your facility.
- Our standardized recipe builder and database lets you use Nutrition Facts panels to develop recipes that can be modified and scaled to your facility’s specific cultural needs. Choose from more than 4,000 recipes grouped by menu cycle and print frequency can be daily, weekly or full cycle.
- A scoop goes a long way! MealTracker can help you manage proper portion sizes that meet nutritional guidelines while also guarding against over-serving—which also protects your bottom line.
- Dietary professionals are key to making sure your residents have an accurate nutritional care plan. And MealTracker provides them detailed resident profiles that include food preference and nutrition assessments so they have a full picture of each resident.
- Integrating nutritional information with EHRs not only improves staff efficiency, but also—and more importantly—increases resident safety. MealTracker’s advanced HL7 (ADT) messaging automatically gives users real-time resident information including name, room number, details such as food allergies and cultural food needs. And when used with MatrixCare’s suite of products, users have a seamless, structural diet order interface, as well, resulting in one uniform diet order across your facility.
MatrixCare’s MealTracker is a web-based, fully integrated menu-to-tray card solution that can help you put these five “bytes” into practice, moving you toward the goal of helping your residents eat right and live healthier lives.
Back to blog