At MatrixCare and its subsidiaries (“MatrixCare”, “we”, or “us”), we care about your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect when you visit our Website, mobile sites, social media pages that we control, HTML formatted email messages (collectively, the “Website”), and through our solutions. It outlines our practices when using, protecting, and sharing that information.
Information we collect
When you use our Website, we may collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us, when it comes linked from other sources, or through automated methods.
Personal Information is:
- Information that identifies you as an individual, such as: Your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit and debit card number, profile picture, social media account and others;
- Unique identifiers, such as your username, password, marketing preferences, browser type, IP address, the equipment you use to access our Website and your usage and navigation details.
- Information about you from third party sources such as companies, organizations, affiliates, advertising networks, public databases and others.
Automated methods we use:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect personal information. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Weblogging. We may collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes browser type, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. No personal information is collected through this automated method.
We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party service provider sites (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers include a “Do Not Track” feature. Our Website may comply with web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
How we use your personal information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To improve the content on our Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To market our products and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
How we share your personal information
We may only disclose Personal Information as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and secure.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MatrixCare’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MatrixCare, our customers, or others.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- You have the choice to participate in our surveys, contests or sweepstakes.
- You may consent or withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information for marketing at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe included in each marketing-related email sent to you or through the following link: Unsubscribe here
- Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you administrative messages relevant to any specific services you may have signed up for.
California Privacy Rights
Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements MatrixCare (“ResMed” or “Company’s) privacy notice and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the Regulations proposed by the California Attorney General in 2019, and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
MatrixCare collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, MatrixCare has collected (or not collected, if indicated below) the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the prior twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, postal address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, telephone number, education, or medical information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||No|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, and gender.||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes.||Yes|
MatrixCare obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, or email. This includes, but may not be limited to, personal data you provide when you:
- Online registration forms;
- Customer Service engagement;
- Automated technologies. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookie Noticefor further details. MatrixCare does not and will not sell your personal information as defined under the CCPA. Unless this Privacy Notice is updated to change this commitment, MatrixCare will treat personal information collected by this site as subject to a “do not sell” request under the CCPA and similar laws.
- Personal Information We Obtain from Other Sources. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. Prior to receiving personal information from these third parties, we take steps to confirm that it was collected with your consent and/or that these parties are legally permitted to disclose your personal information to us.
Use of Personal Information
We may use and/or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Website and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Website by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Website, solutions and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
MatrixCare will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
MatrixCare may disclose your personal information for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information, we require that the recipient both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the business purpose. We share your personal information with the following:
- With our holding company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and any company-owned or controlled by MatrixCare.
- With service providers assisting us in carrying out the transactions or services offered through this Website. These service providers are limited to use the personal information we share with them only for the purpose(s) stated within our contracts.
- In the event of a business transaction, such as if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction, including negotiations of such transactions), we reserve the right to disclose any information we obtain through the Website. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by and subject to this Privacy Notice.
- When required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of MatrixCare’s rules for use of the Website, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- With others only with your explicit consent.
Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we had not sold any categories of personal information. MatrixCare does not sell and will not sell personal information to third parties.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA currently does not apply to information collected in typical business-to-business (B2B) transactions by a business otherwise required to comply with the CCPA. Since MatrixCare collects information to facilitate a B2B transaction, it is exempted from fulfilling the following CCPA rights for its California based customers:
- Right to disclosure of information sharing practices in the preceding 12 months;
- Right to delete personal information;
- Right to request access to personal information;
- Implementing do-not-sell requests.
However, the law does not exempt MatrixCare from fulfilling its Do Not Sell obligations if it sells personal information. MatrixCare does not and will not sell personal information, as a result of which the Do Not Sell obligations currently do not apply under applicable law.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Children under the age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your personal information
We have implemented security measures designed to protect your Personal Information collected on our Website from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information stored on our Website’s servers by using computer security products (such as firewalls) and by establishing industry standard safeguards.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You may also contact us at:
10900 Hampshire Avenue South Suite 100 Bloomington, MN 55438
Tel: (800) 869-1322