5 key acquisitions drove global connected health leader’s award win
BOSTON, September 24, 2019 – ResMed has been named the 2019 “Dealmaker of the Year” by Medtech Insight, an award that recognizes the company most adept at advancing its business through investment deals. The award was presented Monday night by Medtech Insight owner Pharma Intelligence, a leading global analyst firm serving the pharmaceutical, medical device, and clinical research industries.
During the entry period (June 2018–June 2019), ResMed announced the acquisition of five companies to advance its mission of helping keep millions of people healthy and out of the hospital:
- July 9, 2018: HEALTHCAREfirst, a provider of software solutions and services for home health and hospice agencies. The goal is to help customers better manage their businesses and improve the lives of their patients as an aging population shifts to homecare and other lower-cost settings.
- November 14, 2018: MatrixCare, a three-time “Best in KLAS” winner for long-term post-acute care software for more than 15,000 providers across skilled nursing, life plan communities, senior living, and private duty services. These care settings are complementary to ResMed’s other SaaS offerings in HME, home health, and hospice, delivered by Brightree and HEALTHCAREfirst.
- December 17, 2018: Apacheta, a mobile delivery and cloud-based SaaS provider. This acquisition further expanded ResMed’s SaaS portfolio and helped both to address a top business challenge for HME providers.
- January 7, 2019: Propeller Health, a 2017 Fast Company “Most Innovative Company” that provides digital sensors to help track and improve inhaler use for people with COPD and asthma. Acquiring this solution established ResMed as a digital health leader across all stages of COPD.
- March 8, 2019: HB Healthcare, a fast-growing Korean HME provider, in order to reach millions more Koreans living with sleep apnea, COPD, and other respiratory conditions.
“This past year we have helped over 100 million people sleep, breathe, and live higher-quality lives in out-of- hospital healthcare,” said ResMed CEO Mick Farrell. “We’ve grown our business organically and through targeted acquisitions, built out connected device and software ecosystems encompassing over 4.5 billion nights of digital health data. We are transforming these big data into actionable insights for patients, physicians, providers, payers, and communities. Both the cadence and execution of ResMed’s acquisitions drive toward our vision of improving 250 million lives in out-of-hospital healthcare. I’m proud that Pharma Intelligence and Medtech Insight have recognized the ResMed team for this success.”
In 2018, Pharma Intelligence recognized ResMed’s AirMini as a 2018 award finalist for “Best Technological Innovation” in the Consumer Devices category.
MatrixCare enables long-term, post-acute care (LTPAC) organizations to provide better health outcomes for seniors while successfully managing risk in out-of-hospital care delivery. Multiyear winner of the Best in KLAS Award for Long-Term Care Software, MatrixCare is trusted by thousands of senior living, skilled nursing, and accountable care organizations; life plan communities; and private-duty, home health, and hospice agencies. MatrixCare’s active care management platform helps providers connect and collaborate to keep America’s seniors healthy and optimize outcomes for the populations under their care.