2021 state of the union for home care with Vicki Hoak, executive director at Home Care Association of America
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, Navin Gupta, SVP of the home and hospice division at MatrixCare, is joined by Vicki Hoak, executive director at Home Care Association of America, to present a state of the union for home care on where they see the industry headed in 2021.
Vicki begins by telling us her origin story and what led her to her current position at HCAOA before diving into the headwinds and tailwinds that home care is currently facing. Navin guides the state of the union to cover Medicare Advantage plans, the diversification of care, the emergence of skilled private duty, the growing trend of aging at home, and more. Listen to the episode to learn more.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:34 – 02:58]: Vicki’s early years in her career and what led her to become the executive director at HCAOA.
- [03:35 – 06:51]: Some of the headwinds and tailwinds that home-based care organizations are facing.
- [07:22 – 08:59]: Vicki’s point of view on Medicare Advantage plans and their benefits.
- [08:59 – 11:27]: Establishing metrics for quantifying home care agencies’ value.
- [12:32 – 15:45]: The importance of home-based care organizations coming together and the diversification of care.
- [16:13 – 19:41]: The emergence of skilled private duty.
- [20:22 – 22:14]: The growing trend of aging at home.
- [22:14 – 22:59]: Tackling the caregiver shortage using technology.
- [23:51 – 25:54]: Vicki wraps up the state of the union by explaining her thoughts on EVV.
- Learn more about MatrixCare at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Learn more about Home Care Association of America at: https://www.hcaoa.org/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources