Developing a robust training program with Don Spiers, Senior Product Manager, Relias
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, our host Kim Broyer, VP of professional services at MatrixCare, is joined by Don Spiers, Senior Product Manager at Relias, to discuss important tips for developing a robust training program in post-acute care.
Listen in to Don and Kim’s conversation as they touch on creating a budget for training, choosing key performance indicators, and working with an interdisciplinary team to boost existing training programs. Don also shares a personal example of the importance of keeping employees engaged and providing a path for growth when working to improve retention. Find their full conversation below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:06 – 03:07]: First, Don provides his origin story and what brought him to his current role as Senior Product Manager at Relias.
- [03:24 – 07:26]: Don then provides the three pillars for why he believes a strong training program is important for post-acute care providers: compliance, quality, and turnover.
- [7:59 – 12:04]: Thirdly, Don describes the importance of being agile when it comes to developing a robust training program. Understanding that business needs will change as well as the needs of your employees is critical.
- [12:33 – 18:11]: Don provides recommendations for tools and resources providers should use including in-person training, virtual live courses, and blended learning with on-demand courses employees can view on their own schedules.
- [18:52 – 22:35]: Next, Don shares how providers should focus on creating a budget, choosing key performance indicators, and working with an interdisciplinary team to boost their existing training program.
- [23:10 – 26:02]: Don then shares a personal example of the importance of keeping employees engaged and providing a path for growth when working to improve retention.
- [26:59 – 30:52]: Lastly, Don touches on what an EHR can contribute to developing a robust training program and the importance of standardization to yield consistent results.
- Learn more about MatrixCare: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about Relias: https://www.relias.com/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare