Infection tracking of COVID19 for SNFs with Amy Ostrem, VP SNF Solution Strategy at MatrixCare
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, Kevin Whitehurst, SVP of Skilled Nursing Solutions at MatrixCare sits down with Amy Ostrem, VP of SNF Solution Strategy. Listen in as they discuss infection tracking, including the impact of technology. With details on how to dive deeper into root cause analysis, contact tracing, trends, and more.
With over two decades of experience in healthcare technology, Amy has seen firsthand how smart innovation can improve efficiencies for skilled nursing facilities while driving down costs. Hear how she describes new ways these solutions can help identify risks for infections, including COVID19, and how they can enable providers to enhance their quality of care.
What we covered in today’s episode
- Can you tell us a little bit about your journey? What led you to become the VP of Skilled Nursing Solutions Strategy at MatrixCare?
- Can you speak to the topic of infection tracking in skilled nursing facilities? What are you seeing as far as infection tracking with and without technology?
- One thing with COVID-19 that seems to be challenging for folks is to be proactive in managing resident risk. Do you have any suggestions for things to look for or research to better track COVID severity risks?
- Do you have any hints for our listeners once they do get their COVID severity risk scores? And, what are some of the best practices on where and how to use this information?
- Could you share briefly what is available in MatrixCare today from a technology perspective to support all of those topics?
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.