Streamlining collaboration in home-based care with Melissa Kozak, RN, Co-Founder and President, Citus Health
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, our host Kerri Harpole, RN, Director of Product Specialists at MatrixCare, sits down with Melissa Kozak, RN, Co-Founder and President at Citus Health to discuss how technology is streamlining collaboration and communication in home-based care.
Join Kerri and Melissa as they discuss one provider to another, the prevalence of communication issues in home-based care, the necessity of secure mobile messaging, how to encourage adoption of mobile technology, and more. Melissa details how clinical staff are overburdened and hungry for technology that will take away busy work and allow time for clinical hands-on care. Listen to their discussion below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:53 – 03:47]: Melissa provides her origin story as a registered nurse and how common pain points she experienced in the field prompted the genesis of Citus Health.
- [04:45 – 06:58]: Secondly, Melissa describes the prevalence of communication issues in home-based care.
- [7:44 – 10:34]: Next, Kerri presents the necessity of secure mobile messaging to continue streamlining collaboration and communication. Melissa also discusses Citus’ purpose-built solution.
- [11:00 – 13:48]: Melissa then discusses the many use cases for Citus’ form center which uses app-less technology.
- [13:52 – 16:11]: Melissa details how mobile technology allows patients to communicate with their nurses and caregivers 24/7 which reduces readmissions.
- [16:52 – 21:48]: Next, Melissa describes how they’ve encouraged adoption and seen success due to a preexisting familiarity with mobile technology.
- [22:27 – 24:27]: Melissa shares how clinical staff are overburdened and hungry for technology that will take away busy work and allow time for clinical hands-on care.
- [24:46 – 27:47]: Melissa explains the importance of an inclusive solution that is user-friendly and helps a wide range of clinicians.
- [27:58 – 29:45]: Lastly, Melissa emphasizes the significance of listening to customers when building a technology solution and how Citus has benefited from this feedback.
- Learn more about MatrixCare at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about Citus Health: https://www.citushealth.com/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources