The evolution of the EHR with Seth Joseph, Managing Director, Summit Health, and Chief Strategy Officer, Swift Medical
In the latest episode of the Post-Acute POV, Navin Gupta, SVP of the home and hospice division at MatrixCare, is joined by Seth Joseph, managing director, Summit Health, and chief strategy officer, Swift Medical. The pair takes part in an insightful conversation on the evolution of the EHR (electronic health record), the transition to the intelligent EHR, and the necessity of employing platform thinking.
Join Navin and Seth as they discuss why EHRs are a continued source of friction and physician burnout in post-acute care, and the varying requirements for a technology solution used in acute, ambulatory, and post-acute care. Listen to their discussion below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [02:26 – 06:57]: Seth provides his origin story and what led him to his passion of solving issues in healthcare using technology.
- [08:05 – 15:27]: Seth then tackles the question of why EHRs are a continued source of friction and physician burnout in post-acute care.
- [17:59 – 22:10]: Next, Seth explains the difference in requirements for a technology solution used in acute, ambulatory, and post-acute care. An EHR used in post-acute care is deeply complex, making it imperative to employ platform thinking as the industry transitions toward the intelligent EHR.
- [23:54 – 28:47]: Seth touches on the threat that big tech could bring to the evolution of the EHR.
- [29:46 – 37:51]: Seth concludes the conversation by describing the two viable paths forward for the EHR: creating an interconnected ecosystem of the best of breed applications–a headless EHR–and creating an API ecosystem that enables this platform to co-exist.
Articles mentioned in this conversation:
- Learn more about MatrixCare at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about Summit Health and Swift Medical
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare