Connecting care at home with Steve Herron, Senior Director, Long Term and Post-Acute Care, Cerner
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, our host, Bob Anderson, VP of sales for home and hospice at MatrixCare is joined by Steve Herron, senior director of long-term and post-acute care at Cerner to have a conversation on connecting care at home.
Join Bob and Steve as they discuss the partnership between Cerner and MatrixCare, the key types of data that should be exchanged when connecting care at home, formal and informal health networks, and the importance of creating a bridge between disparate EMRs and other sources to create one longitudinal record for the patient. Listen to their discussion below.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:30 – 04:15]: Steve provides an introduction on Cerner for listeners who may be unfamiliar and how the company became partners with ResMed.
- [04:25 – 06:51]: Next, Steve dives into the factors that encouraged Cerner to choose MatrixCare as their EMR platform partner and how KLAS scores validated their decision.
- [7:02 – 12:44]: When it comes to interoperability and connected care at home, Steve provides the key types of data that should be exchanged.
- [12:53 – 15:01]: Next, the pair discuss how Cerner clients benefit from the partnership with MatrixCare.
- [15:16 – 16:04]: Steve explains the difference between community agencies and health system clients and how both can utilize MatrixCare via Cerner.
- [16:09 – 18:37]: Next, the pair discuss formal and informal health networks and the importance of connecting disparate EMRs and other sources to create one longitudinal record for the patient.
- [18:41 – 22:33]: Steve describes the benefits of Healthy Intent, Cerner’s health network.
- [22:50 – 23:44]: Lastly, Steve explains that he believes the next phase of connecting care in the market will be what we choose to do with our data.
- Learn more about MatrixCare at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about Cerner: https://www.cerner.com/
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek, as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources