Recognizing malnutrition in the data with Amy Wootton, Director of Nutrition Management, MatrixCare
In this episode of the Post-Acute POV, we sit down with Amy Wootton, RDN, LDN, Director of Nutrition Management at MatrixCare, to discuss the prevalence of malnutrition in older adults and how technology can help facilities to identify malnutrition in the data and take quick and appropriate action to combat it. Amy describes the challenges related to malnutrition and the importance of pairing a malnutrition screening tool with observation and assessment information when preventing and treating residents.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:09 – 02:09]: Amy dives into her backstory and her journey into nutrition management and post-acute care.
- [02:24 – 03:10]: Concern surrounding malnutrition, specifically in older adults.
- [03:17 – 04:16]: Malnutrition related challenges.
- [04:26 – 07:15]: Benefits of a malnutrition screening tool (MST) and the importance of observation and assessment information.
- [07:33 – 09:25]: A description of the frontline and how providers can benefit from a malnutrition screening tool under PDPM.
- [09:46 – 12:27]: Other tools that support care planning for malnourished individuals.
- Listen to part II of this podcast series.
- Learn more about MatrixCare solutions at: https://www.matrixcare.com/
- Find out more about malnutrition in the data
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources