Nutrition series part 3: Nutrition therapy for diabetes management with Amy Wootton
In this third installment of our nutrition series, we are joined again by Amy Wootton, RDN, LDN, Director of Nutrition Management at MatrixCare. Our host, Kevin Whitehurst, SVP of Skilled Nursing Solutions, discusses the importance of using nutrition therapy for diabetes management. Hear their recommendations for creating a nutrition plan catered to individuals diagnosed with diabetes.
Amy ties her relationship with diabetes to nutrition therapy and discusses the prevalence of diabetes today. Listen in as she explains common factors that lead to hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. And, with tips for individualized meal planning and snacks – it’s an episode you won’t want to miss.
Topics discussed during today’s episode:
- [01:07 – 02:41]: Amy explains her relationship with diabetes and why, more than ever, nutrition therapy for diabetes management is so important.
- [02:50 – 03:52]: Recommendations for a nutrition plan for someone diagnosed with diabetes.
- [04:04 – 06:04]: Common factors that lead to hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- [06:12 – 07:31]: The main areas of focus for diabetes management.
- [07:47 – 08:56]: Individualized meal planning and snacks.
- [09:07 – 10:59]: How adopting a nutrition therapy approach for a more liberalized diet is leading the change to better management in skilled nursing facilities and rehab centers.
- [11:14 – 12:25]: Amy wraps up by describing the importance of having an interprofessional team in place to successfully manage nutrition therapy.
- Learn more about our nutrition management solutions at: https://www.matrixcare.com/nutrition-management/
- Catch up on part I and part II of this nutrition podcast series
- Find out more about nutrition therapy for diabetes management
- Read the transcript of today’s episode
- Listen to more episodes of the Post-Acute POV
The content in this presentation or materials is for informational purposes only and is provided “as-is.” Information and views expressed herein, may change without notice. We encourage you to seek as appropriate, regulatory and legal advice on any of the matters covered in this presentation or materials.
©2021 by MatrixCare
Back to resources