2. MatrixCare’s interoperability and partner integration focus closes the interoperability gap.
Interoperability is not only the ability to share data between systems, but also the ability to share data between all care stakeholders: medical professionals, patients, family members, and other non-medical care team members. When we achieve true interoperability, patient outcomes improve, healthcare costs are reduced, and the patient experience improves — the original intent of the HITECH Act.
The next decade will be about enabling the right information to be made available to the right individuals, when and where care is needed.
In a recent research study, we surveyed post-acute providers to better understand the current state of interoperability. Results show a demand for connected technology but a stagnant industry:
- Only 39% of PAC providers say their organizations have advanced or matured their interoperability capabilities in the past 12 months, leaving 61% of the industry stagnant.
- 99% of referring entities said they would likely send more referrals to PAC providers who were more capable of receiving orders electronically.
- 96% of referring entities said they would likely send more referrals to PAC providers with strong patient engagement capabilities.
- PACs are still using outdated mechanisms, such as phone calls and emails, most of the time to exchange data and information with their medical and non-medical care team members.
Other responses show how interoperability is more important ever:
- 65% of referring entities surveyed reported greater than 25% of their revenue is now tied to value-based care arrangements.
- 51% expect that percentage to grow over the next 12-18 months.
Meeting the rising demands of referring partners can improve patient care and empower business growth, helping post-acute providers stay competitive in 2023 and beyond.